My 12V Freeview STB has died :-(

Old January 1st 06, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default My 12V Freeview STB has died :-(

The 12V freeview STB I use in the van has died :-(

I am more interested in RF sensitivity than anything else, because I
often take the van into the back of beyond and even with an amplifier
reception is often a problem.

Google gives me a choice of six possibles.
Audioline TA3000 Digital Freeview Receiver - Tesco
Digifusion FRT101 FREEVIEW
Bush DFTA1000 Idaptor
Inverto Portable Freeview desk top box UK IDL3000T digital terrestrial
receiver
Digifusion Digital Terrestrial Receiver DTR1
Humax F2-1011T.

This is a lot better than last time I bought a new 12V box when there
were only two.

Anybody have experience with any of these?
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Some of my Hobbies: VDU Glasses
http://tinyurl.com/c3lh, Wordlists http://tinyurl.com/c3lj, Celtic fonts
Old January 1st 06, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Douglas

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
The 12V freeview STB I use in the van has died :-(

snip

Google gives me a choice of six possibles.
Audioline TA3000 Digital Freeview Receiver - Tesco
Digifusion FRT101 FREEVIEW
Bush DFTA1000 Idaptor
Inverto Portable Freeview desk top box UK IDL3000T digital terrestrial
receiver
Digifusion Digital Terrestrial Receiver DTR1
Humax F2-1011T.

snip

Anybody have experience with any of these?

--

I have today bought the Technosonic A201 from Comet for exactly the same
purpose.

It is essentially the same as the Bush DFTA1000, *but* it has a RF loop
through, which allows you to use analogue alongside digital (I like analogue
text!) without a splitter.

Haven't tried on 12v yet, but looks completely viable (the supply is a
non-captive transformer).

It *is* a very neat solution. simply plug the small unit directly into the
scart socket, plug in power, plug in the remote eye (discrete and currently
blu-tac'ed to the telly) and away you go.

Picture quality is good, and it pulled all the stations I'd expect (we can
get two transmitters here).

Two points:

i) a Scart socket with clearance is best (though there is a plug to socket
cable extension in the pack which you can use if there isn't clearance).

ii) the RF loop-through adds some noise to analogue (going to try a better
screened bit of coax) - but I can get teletext OK :-)

If you're using for no frills reception, and want something that's 12v and
doesn't take space, looks good to me so far.

Argos and John Lewis both do the Bush version.

--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old January 1st 06, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Bob Douglas" wrote in message
[...]

Seen what you describe in the Bush at Tesco.

Please reply to News Group

Old January 1st 06, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Dave Fawthrop said the following on 01/01/2006 15:36:
The 12V freeview STB I use in the van has died :-(

If it has 'died' whilst in use try leaving the power off for a few hours
- it may save opening the piggy bank - my Pace unit has a habit of
locking up after a power dip or short duration power cut. It seems to
need a couple of hours with no power to recover.

Roy

Old January 1st 06, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 20:06:30 +0000, Roy wrote:

| Dave Fawthrop said the following on 01/01/2006 15:36:
| The 12V freeview STB I use in the van has died :-(
|

| If it has 'died' whilst in use try leaving the power off for a few hours
| - it may save opening the piggy bank - my Pace unit has a habit of
| locking up after a power dip or short duration power cut. It seems to
| need a couple of hours with no power to recover.

It has lost many channels, proved conclusively by swapping boxes and
rf feeds. I have three boxes and a nebula card on my computer. I
long ago bent the RF loop through, so I was not surprised.
Old January 1st 06, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning