Abroad

Old January 2nd 06, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rona

Default Abroad

We have toured fFrance and Spain for 4 years now and really enjoyed the
experience but would like some advise on touring with the caravan in Italy,
Belgium, Germany etc- we go for 3 months at a time as we are retired.
We have always booked with Alan Rogers(Camping Cheques) now but would like
advise on better deals if possible
Thanks
Rona

Old January 2nd 06, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Rona" wrote in message
We have toured fFrance and Spain for 4 years now and really enjoyed the
experience but would like some advise on touring with the caravan in
Italy,
Belgium, Germany etc- we go for 3 months at a time as we are retired.
We have always booked with Alan Rogers(Camping Cheques) now but would like
advise on better deals if possible
Thanks
Rona

Take the Caravan Club directory and wander about staying as you go. That's
touring.
Free as a bird, and less expensive than being on a fixed schedule.
DaveK.

Old January 3rd 06, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 22:41:30 -0000, "Rona"
wrote:

| We have toured fFrance and Spain for 4 years now and really enjoyed the
| experience but would like some advise on touring with the caravan in Italy,
| Belgium, Germany etc- we go for 3 months at a time as we are retired.
| We have always booked with Alan Rogers(Camping Cheques) now but would like
| advise on better deals if possible

Just Go! Get a site list and keep an eye open for camping road signs.
Tour wherever you wish. Look for a site in the area you want to be in
about mid afternoon. A mobile with roaming is very useful. If you
like the site/area stop for a few days,if not move on.

You have a touring van why not tour, instead of being limited by a
single agents list of sites.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.net
Old January 3rd 06, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old January 3rd 06, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

You have a touring van why not tour, instead of being limited by a
single agents list of sites.

Too right. Really annoys me when we wander on to a site (only happens in UK)
and they ask, "Have you booked?"
We never pre book. Generally decide to stop about 5pm.
In France away from the beaches, most villages have a municipal site with
all mod cons, around a fiver a night.
Only needs a prelim check for nomads/pikies. Most site owners aren't allowed
to be discriminatory about itinerants,
so they just refuse commercial vehicles and twin axled caravans.
DaveK.

Old January 3rd 06, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rona

We do not pre book but tour all over the place often using camping cheques
or Municipal sites -but want to venture outside of France and Spain -so any
offers
Thanks for comments
Rona

Old January 3rd 06, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harold Sargeant

"Rona" writes:

We have toured fFrance and Spain for 4 years now and really enjoyed the
experience but would like some advise on touring with the caravan in Italy,
Belgium, Germany etc- we go for 3 months at a time as we are retired.
We have always booked with Alan Rogers(Camping Cheques) now but would like
advise on better deals if possible

Don't bother booking especially out of peak season. If you fancy some
discount try
http://uk.campingcard.com/index2.htm...7&cc_year=2006
which is similar to Camping Cheques but with no upfront payment. Both
schemes do however limit your choice of sites if you restrict yourself
to their lists.

--
Harold Sargeant