Portable Sattelite Systems

Old January 4th 06, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew

Default Portable Sattelite Systems

I'm planning with my wife to tour Europe for two years or more, we currently
have a sky+ subscription and we were wondering
if its possible to have portable systems and still use sky or sky+
while traveling in Europe.

Anyone with any advice on portable dishes, practicality of finding
sattelites with these cheap sat finders, we'd be eternaly grateful

thanks in advance

Andrew

Old January 4th 06, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:23:33 +0000 (UTC), "Andrew"
wrote:

| I'm planning with my wife to tour Europe for two years or more, we currently
| have a sky+ subscription and we were wondering
| if its possible to have portable systems and still use sky or sky+
| while traveling in Europe.
|
| Anyone with any advice on portable dishes, practicality of finding
| sattelites with these cheap sat finders, we'd be eternaly grateful

It is all here
http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.net
Old January 4th 06, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old January 4th 06, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Strom

Hi Iv'e got a Multimo portable dish and sat finder,easy to set up and easy
to store worth every penny.T.R.

Old January 4th 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew

Ah nice, many thanks

Andrew

Old January 4th 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew

Old January 4th 06, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Andrew" wrote in message
I'm planning with my wife to tour Europe for two years or more, we
currently
have a sky+ subscription and we were wondering
if its possible to have portable systems and still use sky or sky+
while traveling in Europe.

I would think so. Take the kit and try. Just needs a portable dish that's
small enough to take in the van. (Although many have dishes the same size as
used on a house wall)
I bought a mini system from Lidl in France last year. Ninety euros.(63).
Advertised for camping caravanning use. Not subscription though,Free-to-View
channels. All contained in a box which also doubles as the dish holder if
you wish. 35cms dish, clamps, power supply, cables, decoder, compass marked
for aiming at satellites. Various european satellites available,-lots of
German, plus many others I can't understand either.
Amazingly could get several uk regional programs even in the south near the
spanish border. Yorks, Midlands etc. Not our own Granada though. Probably
get more if I used a bigger dish.
For the money-brilliant.
DaveK.

Old January 4th 06, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:

| I'm planning with my wife to tour Europe for two years or more, we currently
| have a sky+ subscription and we were wondering
| if its possible to have portable systems and still use sky or sky+
| while traveling in Europe.
|
| Anyone with any advice on portable dishes, practicality of finding
| sattelites with these cheap sat finders, we'd be eternaly grateful

Just remembered that *some* functions of a $ky card, AFAIK the Premium
Channels, are tied to the STB. So test it in your drive and ring
$ky if you have problems.

Test it before you go anyway.