Freeview 12volt

Old January 7th 06, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

Default Freeview 12volt

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 21:48:34 -0000, "Bob Douglas"
wrote:

"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message
Hi
A few days back there a few posts reg 12 volt freeview
units such as the Technosonic A201.

Does anyone know approx power consumption running
via 12 volt ie wattage/ /amps,plus approx sizes.

Many thanks

Barry.
If it ain't broke-don't fix it.

The Technosonic (and the similar Bush model) is very different from the
standard 'box' in that it is about the size of a pack of playing cards, and
fits directly without a lead into the Scart socket of the television,
completely out of sight.

There is a short Scart plug-to-socket extension lead supplied which can be
used if the positioning is awkward or the television case shape excludes
direct fitting. I'm not using this.

A remote 'eye' on a wire is provided which plugs into the unit and can then
be placed anywhere you wish (in sight of the remote). Mine is blu-tacced to
the top of the tele.

The size (by far the smallest I've seen) and the fact it can be left well
out of the way were the attractions for travel use.

The supplied 240V adapter is rated at 12V 540ma output, so about 1/2 amp
draw at 12v native.

Using mine indoors at the moment on 240V, and pleased with it. Yet to try on
12V (probably this weekend).

Just wondering what the quality is like with these small cheap boxes
the reason I ask :

I have the cheap Sagem one, we use it in the bedroom & van.
Recently cancel led our Sky subscription & temporarily put the Sagem
in the lounge, picturer quality was horrible on our 27" LCD TV, it
looks fine on small TV's.
Solved the lounge problem treated ourselves to the Humex 9200 with
twin tuners & 160 Gig hard drive, its brilliant (had to throw the
cheap single screened scart lead that came with it).

Lenny