CC Sites Ilfracombe area any info

Old January 7th 06, 06:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
IAN

Default CC Sites Ilfracombe area any info

Anyone tried the club sites in that area, such as Brook Lea,Willingcott or
Damage Barton, thinking of a trip in May so won't be busy.

Cheers
Ian

Old January 7th 06, 07:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 07:37:11 GMT, "ian" wrote:

| Anyone tried the club sites in that area, such as Brook Lea,Willingcott or
| Damage Barton, thinking of a trip in May so won't be busy.

Don't bet on them not being busy, book early.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.net
Old January 7th 06, 07:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old January 7th 06, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jerry

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 07:37:11 GMT, "ian" wrote:

| Anyone tried the club sites in that area, such as Brook Lea,Willingcott or
| Damage Barton, thinking of a trip in May so won't be busy.

We did Damage Barton in September, still busy. It is a joint CC & C&CC site.
Toilet facilities were good,as expected. It's a fair old walk from the site
through the farm and down to the cliff top. That puts an edge on your
appetite!! It's ideal for Woolacombe as well as Ilfracombe (have I spelt
them right).

Old January 7th 06, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jerry

Old January 7th 06, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jerry

Old January 8th 06, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
etomd

"ian" wrote in message
Anyone tried the club sites in that area, such as Brook Lea,Willingcott or
Damage Barton, thinking of a trip in May so won't be busy.

Cheers
Ian

The Big Meadow Coombe Martin is great and only just outside Ilfracoombe

http://www.bigmeadow.co.uk/

Old January 8th 06, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Speedbird

"...
Anyone tried the club sites in that area, such as Brook Lea,Willingcott
or Damage Barton, thinking of a trip in May so won't be busy.

Yep!

Brook Lea is excellent but beware there are no toilet blocks and some
pitches require a lot of levelling blocks. We stayed there two years ago in
Aug. on a 4 for 3 deal - but don't take that as an indication that May Bank
Holidays won't be busy.