Pets

Old January 8th 06, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew

Default Pets

Were planning on an extended tour of Europe 2yrs + over wintering in
southern spain, and then maybe Asia.

We have a 10 year old Springer Spaniel who we plan to take with us
we intend to leave this summer, now I know shes going to need petpassport
chipping etc etc, we are however a little confused on the schedule of
getting
this done, please can anyone whos taken a dog abroad enlighten me as to
the time scale of this procedure

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Old January 8th 06, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

Hi

I too would like any details re pet (Dogs) chipping and in particular
costs here and on return.

Also do we have to check the pet into a Vet on each border crossing or
just on return to the UK?

One other thing with bird flu being such a growing possible problem
traveling to Asia Turkey and about that area may have restrictions
placed upon travel and livestock imports in general, bedding, ticks
etc are all factors as well as chickens in general.

Regards

Peter.

Old January 8th 06, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Andrew" wrote in news:dpqsbk$an3$1
@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

Were planning on an extended tour of Europe 2yrs + over wintering in
southern spain, and then maybe Asia.

We have a 10 year old Springer Spaniel who we plan to take with us
we intend to leave this summer, now I know shes going to need petpassport
chipping etc etc, we are however a little confused on the schedule of
getting
this done, please can anyone whos taken a dog abroad enlighten me as to
the time scale of this procedure

FWIW, I suspect that you'll have trouble with Asia because of approved
country rules. For info, the DEFRA PETS home page is at
http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quar...pets/index.htm

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane