OFF to le Blanc in the Loire

Old January 8th 06, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

Default OFF to le Blanc in the Loire

As heading says we're off to Le Blanc in the Loire for the second and third week
of May '06

Via Dover / Calais and would like to avoid Paris and its peripheries

We've got 2 / 3 days each way between Calais and Le Blanc and not bothered with
motorways

Any Input will be welcome

Thanks

DieSea

Old January 8th 06, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"DieSea" wrote in message
As heading says we're off to Le Blanc in the Loire for the second and
third week of May '06

Is that Le Blanc on the Creuse, near Poitiers?
400 miles from Calais via Rouen and Le Mans. Easy run, avoiding toll roads
if you like. No need to go near Paris.
Two easy days (or one intensive). Futuroscope-Theme park of the moving image
at Poitiers well worth a visit.
DaveK

Old January 8th 06, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"davek" wrote in message

"DieSea" wrote in message
As heading says we're off to Le Blanc in the Loire for the second and third
week of May '06

Is that Le Blanc on the Creuse, near Poitiers?
400 miles from Calais via Rouen and Le Mans. Easy run, avoiding toll roads if
you like. No need to go near Paris.
Two easy days (or one intensive). Futuroscope-Theme park of the moving image at
Poitiers well worth a visit.
DaveK

Thanks Dave

Near Poitiers

I'd got it via Rouen , Dreux ., Chartres , Orleans and Chateautroux

But it's our first trip that far with the car in France.

We usually fly to Lyon , pick a car up and stay with relatives.

Thanks for the Help , as newbie's we'll need it

Regards

DieSea

Old January 8th 06, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
La Croix Joreau

davek wrote:
"DieSea" wrote in message

As heading says we're off to Le Blanc in the Loire for the second and
third week of May '06

Is that Le Blanc on the Creuse, near Poitiers?
400 miles from Calais via Rouen and Le Mans. Easy run, avoiding toll roads
if you like. No need to go near Paris.
Two easy days (or one intensive). Futuroscope-Theme park of the moving image
at Poitiers well worth a visit.
DaveK

I agree with the route davek suggested and with the new Rouen-Alencon
and Le Mans-Tours stretches of motorway you could do the whole trip
easily that way. But as you are not bothered with motorways you could
easily drop down from Rouen via Evreux Dreux and Chartres to Blois and
head south from there or even visit the Chateaux at Chenonceau and
Chambord on the way. Now the new motorways have opened the main roads
should be a lot less hectic heading down from Rouen.

John

www.lacroixjoreau.com cottages and gites in the Loire Valley