What Tow Car?

Old January 8th 06, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim Roberts

Default What Tow Car?

Hi everyone. I know this thread has probably been done to death, but we are
changing the car and need something to tow an old 94 Swift Corniche. 1250kg
unlaiden. Any suggestions? Will have around 11,000 to spend. Have been told
that the Mondeo estates are pretty good.

Tks

Jim r

Old January 8th 06, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
martin

Sure are, your money will buy a nice 115 bhp, but if I were you hang out for
130bhp diesel 5 or 6 speed box ..may be more money but worth it.

Old January 8th 06, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jerry

"Jim Roberts" wrote in message
Hi everyone. I know this thread has probably been done to death, but we
are
changing the car and need something to tow an old 94 Swift Corniche.
1250kg
unlaiden. Any suggestions? Will have around 11,000 to spend. Have been
told
that the Mondeo estates are pretty good.

Tks

Jim r

I towed with a Mondeo for years and couldnt fault it at all.

Old January 9th 06, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy Richardson

I tow 1340kg with a Mondeo 2.0 Diesel Ghia X Hatchback with the 130 bhp
engine and 6 speed manual box.
Average over 50,000 miles of all types of motoring is 45 mpg.
Get around 28 mpg towing at legal speed limit with 4 up and 4 bikes as
well as caravan.
6th gear a bit useless when towing but put it in 5th at 60 mph and flick
the cruise control on and it will go all day on the Motorway. Towed
through France at 70 mph and it's still good but only about 24 mpg.
I'm on my second and can't fault it.

--
Andy Richardson
Derbyshire