Subaru Forester

Old January 13th 06, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Default Subaru Forester

Hi,

Been for a test drive in a new Subaru Forester 2.5 auto and was the bee's
knee's.! But anyone got one and how does it tow?

Thanks

Steve

Old January 13th 06, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Stephen Reed" wrote in message
Hi,

Been for a test drive in a new Subaru Forester 2.5 auto and was the bee's
knee's.! But anyone got one and how does it tow?

Thanks

Steve

I am sure a similar model won the Caravan Club Towcar of the Year Award so I
think you can be fairly confident. From my point of view the only problem is
that it has a petrol engine rather than diesel.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old January 13th 06, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"Stephen Reed" wrote in message
Hi,

Been for a test drive in a new Subaru Forester 2.5 auto and was the bee's
knee's.! But anyone got one and how does it tow?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve, have only towed with the manual version and was towing close to 2
tonnes (car on trailer). Its also the bees knees when towing, but the fuel
consumption does get a bit heavy. I was down in the teens, but I was rowing
it along on twisty roads in the lower gears.

Cheers

Old January 14th 06, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Thanks all, Unfortunately I need an auto after an accident some years ago.
But would like an auto diesel in some form or another but someone says there
very slow, especially so when towing?

Steve