Caravans into boating

Old January 17th 06, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.rec.caravanning
Gary

Default Caravans into boating

Coming from caravans into boating I am not a little disappointed to
find that boating seems to have been left way, way behind in the
development stakes, not that British caravans are built that good
anyway, but they do have nice touches like fitted furniture, double
glazing, insulation, heating etc. How come the boats have not caught
up with the snail?

Old January 17th 06, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.rec.caravanning
Phil R

"Gary" wrote in message
Coming from caravans into boating I am not a little disappointed to
find that boating seems to have been left way, way behind in the
development stakes, not that British caravans are built that good
anyway, but they do have nice touches like fitted furniture, double
glazing, insulation, heating etc. How come the boats have not caught
up with the snail?

You obviously haven't been aboard one of the many thousands of
floating cottages :-)

Phil

Old January 17th 06, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Gary wrote:

Coming from caravans into boating I am not a little disappointed to
find that boating seems to have been left way, way behind in the
development stakes, not that British caravans are built that good
anyway, but they do have nice touches like fitted furniture, double
glazing, insulation, heating etc. How come the boats have not caught
up with the snail?

Presumably boats are waterproof though - otherwise they'd sink! g
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old January 17th 06, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.rec.caravanning
Gary

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:03:25 -0000, "Hitch Lock"

Gary wrote:

Coming from caravans into boating I am not a little disappointed to
find that boating seems to have been left way, way behind in the
development stakes, not that British caravans are built that good
anyway, but they do have nice touches like fitted furniture, double
glazing, insulation, heating etc. How come the boats have not caught
up with the snail?

Presumably boats are waterproof though - otherwise they'd sink! g

Ha ha, yeah caravans would go down in days, or British ones would.