Satnav in France and Speed cameras POI

Old January 18th 06, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Windy

Default Satnav in France and Speed cameras POI

Just to clarify - I believe that you cannot use Speed camera detectors eg
laser etc, but not sure if this also applies to Speed Camera info as found
in a french POI edition of locations.
Can anyone enlighten please as I wish to keep my licence free of points and
wallet full of euros!(:-))
I have a TT Go 300 and like others have learned to love it - so has my wife.
All is peaceful..
Many thanks in advance.

Windy

Old January 18th 06, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Basso

"Windy" wrote in message
Just to clarify - I believe that you cannot use Speed camera detectors eg
laser etc, but not sure if this also applies to Speed Camera info as found
in a french POI edition of locations.
Can anyone enlighten please as I wish to keep my licence free of points
and
wallet full of euros!(:-))
I have a TT Go 300 and like others have learned to love it - so has my
wife.
All is peaceful..
Many thanks in advance.

Windy

Easiest way to avoid the wrath of the speed camera is to keep to the speed
limit - works every time!

Old January 18th 06, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Frank Smith

Windy wrote:
Just to clarify - I believe that you cannot use Speed camera detectors eg
laser etc, but not sure if this also applies to Speed Camera info as found
in a french POI edition of locations.
Can anyone enlighten please as I wish to keep my licence free of points and
wallet full of euros!(:-))
I have a TT Go 300 and like others have learned to love it - so has my wife.
All is peaceful..
Many thanks in advance.

Windy

Having 'enforcement camera' information on your GPS is no more against
the law than having them marked on a map. And it's all very well saying
'stick to the speed limit'. When you're in an unfamiliar area and the
limits are changing every few hundred yards as they sometimes do it's
difficult to know what the speed limit is. I am of the opinion that the
limit should be posted on the back of the camera.

Frank

Old January 18th 06, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Windy

In a strange area, that would be a great help, especially with the
increasing amount of "visual pollution" I think it is called. At least the
UK POI reminds me of the speed limit, and enables me to comply!
Windy