Hymer Owners

Old January 18th 06, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woody

Default Hymer Owners

Hi Everyone, can any one tell me the unladen nose weight of the Hymer Nova
570 GS ? as my nose weight on the car is 90kgs and I don't like to moving
any heavy stuff to the rear to try and counter balance it out to much......
many Thanks

Old January 18th 06, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:14:28 -0000, "Woody"
wrote:

Hi Everyone, can any one tell me the unladen nose weight of the Hymer Nova
570 GS ? as my nose weight on the car is 90kgs and I don't like to moving
any heavy stuff to the rear to try and counter balance it out to much......
many Thanks

Don't know about that particular van but if its on par with most
German vans it will about 30kg. Its only the british that can't design
a van with the axel in the right place to get a sensible noseweight.

Lenny

Old January 18th 06, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

Hi Everyone, can any one tell me the unladen nose weight of the Hymer Nova
570 GS ? as my nose weight on the car is 90kgs and I don't like to moving
any heavy stuff to the rear to try and counter balance it out to much......
many Thanks

I don't know about that one but my Hymer Nova 470 runs with a
noseweight of 70kg with two gas bottles ( one 13kg and one 6kg
propane) plus a spare wheel, several wooden blocks, TV aerial, and 25m
of electric cable in the front, plus a full hot water tankjust inside
the frint of the van. I do not have to make any efforts inside the van
to place things particularly, clothes go in the wardrobe, food in the
kitchen cupboards and fridge. If I carry an awning it lies over the
axle. I would doubt that you would have a problem with weights on it.

After having my van for three years now I have been delighted with it.
The only problem that irritates me about it is it's propensity for
losing internal screws and for things to become loose. Mind you once
everything has been rescrewed into place with larger screws nothing
has ever come loose again.

Old January 19th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

The current MTPLM of the 570GS is 1700kgs, according to Feb Practical
Caravan. So working on the CC recomendations of 7% of the vans weight makes
the max noseweight around 119kgs, but if the cars max noseweight is less,
then that is what you must aim for.
Christ Bill, how do manage to get all that stuff in the front locker and
come out with only 70kgs noseweight?
Tankie