Gaslow refillable cylinders?

Old January 19th 06, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy E

Default Gaslow refillable cylinders?

Has anyone had any experience with these refillable cylinders please? And
also being brave enough to fit the filling kit to side of the caravan?

Value for money etc etc? I appreciate the have a life of 15yrs and are 75
to buy. But how cheap are they to refill? etc etc

Many thanks

AE

Old January 19th 06, 06:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 01:04:10 -0000, "Andy E" blueflame1965(no
wrote:

|Has anyone had any experience with these refillable cylinders please? And
|also being brave enough to fit the filling kit to side of the caravan?
|
|Value for money etc etc? I appreciate the have a life of 15yrs and are 75
|to buy. But how cheap are they to refill? etc etc

Yes the gas is cheaper, but you have to amortise the cost of the bottle and
fitting over the time you expect to own the van. You also have to take
the van to the filling station to fill up. The chancellor has announced
that the tax on LPG for vehicles will increase.

I compromised and carry a 13kg bottle of propane in the car which lasts me
about a year.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Which brand LPG? Camping gas,
costs earth, available all Europe. Calor gas expensive, widely available
Old January 19th 06, 06:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old January 19th 06, 06:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old January 19th 06, 06:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message .

I compromised and carry a 13kg bottle of propane in the car which lasts me
about a year.

In our super safety culture, nanny state, is this allowed to be still OK to
do this?
EG. Rules such as Straight up, labels on outside of car that you are
carrying it etc.

Please reply to News Group

Old January 19th 06, 07:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy E

Thanks for your comments Dave

I used to carry the same about 10yr ago with my first van. But now, with
these new caravans, are there longer pipes available to reach to the built
in regulator???

AE