timely advice

Old January 19th 06, 07:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
IAN

Default timely advice

Just a bit of advice to all caravaners, although i have been hitching up for
30 years sometime you get complacent, I hitched up to go to south coast
boxing day travelling from mids, down m40 and onto a34, there are roadwork's
there and i suddenly heard this vibration through car, thought it was road
surface, but no, after 2 stops and a few waves from passers by, I found
jockey wheel had dropped., puncturing pneumatic tyre in fact nearly
shredding it, luck a new wheel was all that was needed.

So always check telescopic winder engages cut outs on base and lock
securely.

Cheers
ian

Old January 19th 06, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:50:11 GMT, "ian" wrote:

|Just a bit of advice to all caravaners, although i have been hitching up for
|30 years sometime you get complacent, I hitched up to go to south coast
|boxing day travelling from mids, down m40 and onto a34, there are roadwork's
|there and i suddenly heard this vibration through car, thought it was road
|surface, but no, after 2 stops and a few waves from passers by, I found
|jockey wheel had dropped., puncturing pneumatic tyre in fact nearly
|shredding it, luck a new wheel was all that was needed.
|
|So always check telescopic winder engages cut outs on base and lock
|securely.

Been there done that :-( new wheels are cheap :-)
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.net
Old January 19th 06, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old January 19th 06, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning