Jockey Wheel ?

Old January 19th 06, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Jockey Wheel ?

Hi,
I'm not haveing a great success with the pneumatic wheels I've been useing
over the past 2.3 years. Failures/replacements etc.
Years ago I changed from solid wheels and found moveing the caravan a lot
easier.
Now undecided wether to replace with yet another peumatic or get a solid,
any advice please.

Please reply to News Group

Old January 19th 06, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

I have a two on two different vans and found them to be a waste of time,
solid tyres IMHO are better.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old January 19th 06, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Tinkapace" wrote in message
. uk...
I have a two on two different vans and found them to be a waste of time,
solid tyres IMHO are better.

Thanks.
But which Type of solid?
Wide flat
Thin flat
Solid but looking like a peumatic.
Etc.

Please reply to News Group

Old January 19th 06, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Thanks.
But which Type of solid?
Wide flat
Thin flat
Solid but looking like a peumatic.
Etc.

I would think wide and firm.
I swapped the thin solid type for a pneumatic. Sure enough on first trip
out, I heard a rumbling sound from the rear end. Jockey wheel had dropped
(my fault-I don't like overtightening the clamp), and the high speed road
surface had shredded the tyre.
Bought another, it was soft so I inflated it with a foot pump. An hour
later, heard a bang-tyre had split.
Back to the solid type. Will take a bit of abuse and cannot puncture.
DaveK.