The Western Isles (Scotland)

Old January 22nd 06, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

Default The Western Isles (Scotland)

Hi

Has anyone out there ever either been by car to the western Isles or
better still taken a car and caravan for a week or so?

Information and advice welcome.

Regards

Peter.
Old January 22nd 06, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 10:26:31 +0000, Peter
wrote:

|Hi
|
|Has anyone out there ever either been by car to the western Isles or
|better still taken a car and caravan for a week or so?
|
|Information and advice welcome.

Went over mumble years ago with a baggage trailer,
Ferry from Uig. A bit expensive
Fabulous trip. Fabulous islands. Go for it.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.net
Old January 22nd 06, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old January 22nd 06, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old January 22nd 06, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

Hi

Has anyone out there ever either been by car to the western Isles or
better still taken a car and caravan for a week or so?

Information and advice welcome.

I have a friend who went 18 months ago in a small motorvan, he said
it would have been almost impossible with a caravan or a large
motorvan. He enojoyed it though.

Old January 23rd 06, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Frank Smith

Peter wrote:
Hi

Has anyone out there ever either been by car to the western Isles or
better still taken a car and caravan for a week or so?

Information and advice welcome.

Regards

Peter.

I've never taken the 'van but have sailed in the area and can thoroughly
recommend the islands for their beauty and remoteness. You can drive
across to the Isle of Skye but the others you will need to take a ferry
run by Caledonian MacBrayne. See www.calmac.co.uk. I would think that
the easiest to get to would be Mull from Oban, but I don't know anything
about sites on the islands. The Caravan Club has a site near Oban.

Frank