Tom Tom Go ?

Old January 23rd 06, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Default Tom Tom Go ?

Hi had loan of a Pal's Tom Tom Sat Nav the weekend and found it a superb bit
of kit, used it to navigate into Liverpool City Centre and back out again to
the site we used in Ormskirk. Perfect that's the only way I can think of
describing it. Now this thing is the best bit of Kit I have ever seen. Also
took me from home in Walsall to the camp site perfect with no other maps
needed. I now intend(and need) to buy one (great for work use as well I
think). However I noticed that the route screen gives all types of journey
options like auto route. however it would be good if there was a caravan
route option. Does anyone know of an add on for the Tom Tom that gives
caravan routes. I have found caravan club site add on disks and French route
add on disks but just wondered if you could get a caravan route add on ? now
that would be great .

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old January 23rd 06, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gareth Slee

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:33:33 -0000, Tinkapace
wrote:

[...]

Maybe try uk.rec.gps. ?

--
Gareth

Random Thoughts and Interests
http://web.mac.com/gaslee/iWeb/Site/Blog/Blog.html

Old January 23rd 06, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Does anyone know of an add on for the Tom Tom that gives
caravan routes. I have found caravan club site add on disks and French
route add on disks but just wondered if you could get a caravan route add
on ?

I have Garmin Street Pilot3 which works well throughout Europe. Doesn't have
routes specifically for caravanning.
I had it set for 'Truck and Bus', thinking that would be the best setting
when towing and it tried to take me under a very low railway bridge at
Castres. Emailed the mapping people and was told that it's not that clever,
doesn't have low bridges included
and 'truck/bus' just means it will direct on routes where they are allowed.
I've set it back to 'car&motorcycle'.
When you buy one make sure it's suitable for all Europe,-some of the
supermarket offers are UK only.
sci.geo.satellite-nav is a helpful newsgroup.
If you want it to work when cycling and hiking it must be battery powered
when off the vehicle-some newer ones don't.
DaveK.

Old January 23rd 06, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:33:33 GMT, "Tinkapace"
wrote:

Hi had loan of a Pal's Tom Tom Sat Nav the weekend and found it a superb bit
of kit, used it to navigate into Liverpool City Centre and back out again to
the site we used in Ormskirk. Perfect that's the only way I can think of
describing it. Now this thing is the best bit of Kit I have ever seen. Also
took me from home in Walsall to the camp site perfect with no other maps
needed. I now intend(and need) to buy one (great for work use as well I
think). However I noticed that the route screen gives all types of journey
options like auto route. however it would be good if there was a caravan
route option. Does anyone know of an add on for the Tom Tom that gives
caravan routes. I have found caravan club site add on disks and French route
add on disks but just wondered if you could get a caravan route add on ? now
that would be great .

Hi

I to have just bought a Tom Tom 500 but notonly for the map software
but for the hands free phone that is part of the package.

The map is frankly not a patch on the Naveman 510 that i also have and
am about to sell on E Bay? But then it does not have the hands free
option.

If anyone is intrested 170 get you a 3 month old Naveman 510 with
full Europe maps at street detail not just main routes.

Drove down through france with it and a caravan on the back. It is far
more twekable than Tom Tom which is either fast or shortest routes.
The Naveman alows for more options and % in between.

http://www.mobilkompagniet.dk/defaul...ails&Item=4598

If anyone is intrested give me a call.

Regards

peter.