Sites for kids with clubhouses

Old January 23rd 06, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

Default Sites for kids with clubhouses

Hi all
I will be asking dozens of questions over these next few weeks, so thanks in
advance for your support/patience

I secured a 98 Elddis Crusader Storm twin axle this weekend and will be
collecting next weekend. I have the storage and the right towcar ( 2.9
Sedona ) already sorted.

I am located NE Manchester and have a family with 3 young kids ( 9 , 7 &
3 ). We traditionally go to the Haven type sites and had the 3 bikes
strapped to the back of the MPV.
There are probably lots of contributers to the NG who would dread the
prospect of me hitching up next to them in my twin wheeler avec 3 yelping
little runts.

If there are any experienced 'vanners in a family situation like mine, can
you shout up any decent kid friendly UK sites ( preferably coastal , but
places like the Peeks or the Lakes okay to try).
Because I have a long van I have yet to experience how difficult it will be
to manoeuvre & level it, so I assume I need to stick to what I occasionally
see as a 'super pitch'.

cheers

Old January 23rd 06, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:55:59 GMT, "ToxOgrady"
wrote:

If there are any experienced 'vanners in a family situation like mine, can
you shout up any decent kid friendly UK sites ( preferably coastal , but
places like the Peeks or the Lakes okay to try).
Because I have a long van I have yet to experience how difficult it will be
to manoeuvre & level it, so I assume I need to stick to what I occasionally
see as a 'super pitch'.

Join the CC most sites are quite kid friendly and virtually all are
large van friendly, even those that are not like Low Park wood at
Kendal have quite a number of pitches that are easily accessible to
even the largest of caravans.

For an easy trip from NE manchester to a site that has lots of places
to ride bikes for all the family have a look at CC Clumber park near
Worksop.

Old January 24th 06, 07:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

Take a look at White Water Caravan Park near Stockton on tees, it is a CC
club site and has around 30 miles of cycling paths on your door step also on
the entrance to the site is a large family pub with grub. Watch the locals
on a Sunday morning white water canoeing this is also on the door step. Also
a nice walk into Stockton along the river side for the Sunday market. This
is a brilliant site not to be missed.

Keith

snip

Old January 24th 06, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris

We traditionally go to the Haven type sites and had the 3 bikes
strapped to the back of the MPV.

If you like Haven sites there's loads of them that have touring sites
attached where you can use all the facilities

See: http://www.havenholidays.com/touring/?pageid=9-16860-64