Caravan 2000

Old January 25th 06, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
woody

Default Caravan 2000

As a caravanner of long standing I have on many occasion despaired at
the lack of technical development. The Caravan Club commisioned Bath
University to research on stability some years ago. The Industry
appears to have totaly ignored the results. At a time in life when with
the mortgage paid I could afford any acceptable offering and unable to
find what I wanted I
commisoned a professionally constructed prototype van available for
line production. It is 98% complete and has been used for approximately
500mls. Designed for safe towing its aerodynamic shape is noticed by
the lack of influence of overtaking vehicles. It will not leak and has
a life expectation far in excess of production vans. I have reached the
time of life where illness and age make it prudent for me to curtail
physical activities and offer my van for sale to a like enthusiast. It
has all extra luxury items including TV. 3 Berth. Oven (never used)
flush fitting translucent roof panels. Battery charger. Mains supply.
Underfloor stowage.
Shipping length 25.8" Internal length 17ft 4" Max ht laden only 7ft
10" with average headroom 6ft 3ins. Designed weight 1300KG. It was
built without regard to cost and the nearest production van is priced
near to 40.000. I am prepared to negotiate on 5.000. any
interested party can "E" mail me for full description and view at
Cardiff. Woody

Old January 25th 06, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Designed for safe towing its aerodynamic shape is noticed by
the lack of influence of overtaking vehicles. It will not leak and has
a life expectation far in excess of production vans.

Is it a Cruise Missile?
DaveK.

Old January 25th 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"woody" wrote in message
oups.com...
Shipping length 25.8" Internal length 17ft 4" Max ht laden only 7ft
10" with average headroom 6ft 3ins. Designed weight 1300KG. It was
built without regard to cost and the nearest production van is priced
near to 40.000. I am prepared to negotiate on 5.000. any
interested party can "E" mail me for full description and view at
Cardiff. Woody

I'd like to know more, please.

Mary
In Leeds but with a daughter in Ceredigion.

Old January 25th 06, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

I too would like to know more about this van. I have seen a rather nice
one-off 15-20 years ago whilst at Freshwater East CC site with my previous
van, a Mardon meridian 152ET. It had apparently been towed up from Spain and
certainly looked a very decent attempt at a stable towing van. You did not
mention internal/external width. I live in Tonyrefail about 15 miles away
from the viewing venue.

All the best, Peter.

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...