windfarm

Old January 26th 06, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Goudie

Default windfarm

I would like to draw you attention to a windfarm proposal in the Highlands
of Scotland. If this goes ahead it may be the end of wild Scotland as we
know, and love, it. www.a-windfarm-too-far.com
Please look at the site and object.
Harry

Old January 27th 06, 01:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

While you are at it keep Gilfach Goch in South Wales in mind. We have a 20
mill farm and they are trying to build more of them.

All the best, Peter.

Old January 27th 06, 04:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ken Fraser

"Peter K L Milnes" wrote in message
While you are at it keep Gilfach Goch in South Wales in mind. We have a 20
mill farm and they are trying to build more of them.

All the best, Peter.

At the risk of being flamed, are they that bad? Yes, I love the landscape,
especially Scotland. They don't look ugly to me, certainly not as ugly as a
traditional power station. Given that we need/expect to have energy to hand,
aren't they less of a blot than a line of pylons?
Reaching for tin hat.....

Old January 27th 06, 07:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Goudie

If the windfarms on Lewis go ahead then the pylons from Ullapool to Stirling
are required to transport the power and windfarms will "grow" along this
artery. This artery runs through some of the wildest places in Britain.
Harry