storage compounds V insurance

Old January 27th 06, 12:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

Default storage compounds V insurance

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 00:11:45 GMT, "ToxOgrady"
wrote:

Can anyone guide me on how they have covered their insurance needs for vans
on NON cassoa registered sites. Does anyone have a similar circumstance to
me and can confirm an insurer who will properly cover me for theft

Caravan Club will do it, probably Camping and caravanning club will do
it, NFU Mutual will also probably do it. If you are new to caravanning
you could do a lot worse than join either the CC or the CCC my
personal preference is for the CC I just like their sites, but many
people like the CCC.

Bill Lord

Old January 27th 06, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

Hi all,
I am collecting my 1st van on Sunday and desperately trying to get some
insurance sorted beforehand.

firstly....I am 36yrs so I don't eant to hear SAGA mentions
secondly , my van is a twin axle.

I have got in touch with E&L and their quote matches their website data,
which seems okay IMO. However on the issue of storage, they needed to
confirm that is was on :-
-secure locked site
- totally fenced parimiter
- either 24 hr cartaker
- or daily patrol
- or cctv - monitored

I am 10% okay on the fence & keycard entry system, but not totally sure what
monitoring is undertaken at my site.

I have given E&L details of my storage company and they are looking into
this. Also in the morning I will contactthe storage people myself to
establish the 'patrol' element. I know it is a pair of brothers who own a
small plant hire firm ( one runs the plant , the other runs the storage ).
The entrance is manned all through the working week, but I dunno about
Sat/Sun. But on the agreement I signed, all that is written in terms is
effectively owner must sort out their own insurance, and in return, the site
onwer "provide six foot boundary fence and change combination lock every six
months".

Can anyone guide me on how they have covered their insurance needs for vans
on NON cassoa registered sites. Does anyone have a similar circumstance to
me and can confirm an insurer who will properly cover me for theft

Thx

Old January 28th 06, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

bill lord wrote in
:

Can anyone guide me on how they have covered their insurance needs for
vans on NON cassoa registered sites. Does anyone have a similar
circumstance to me and can confirm an insurer who will properly cover
me for theft

Caravan Club will do it, probably Camping and caravanning club will do
it, NFU Mutual will also probably do it. If you are new to caravanning
you could do a lot worse than join either the CC or the CCC my
personal preference is for the CC I just like their sites, but many
people like the CCC.

Camping and Caravanning Club will do it (they insure my 'van). Although I
store on a CaSSOA Gold site that more than meets E&L's requirements, the
CCC insurance T&C's require much less.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

Old January 28th 06, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

Just got fixed up with Caravan Guard.
~300quid for nine grand worth of cover. A bit dear than I hoped for ...but
faced with getting a van tomorrow, I went for it.

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
bill lord wrote in
: