Electrolux RM 2200 Fridge

Old January 31st 06, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Banditfrenzy

Default Electrolux RM 2200 Fridge

Hello all, bought my first van yesterday, a Sprite Alpine 12' 4 berth,
which is fitted with an Electrolux RM 2200 3 way fridge. So far I've
only tested it on 240v (which it will be mainly used on) but will need
the gas + 12v options sometime this coming summer.

Can anyone link me to any instructions that might be on the web, if not
has anyone got an idea if Electrolux will still have info on this model???

My thanks in advance.

Chas.

Please remove the obvious to e.mail

[email protected]//obvious// charity.freeserve.co.uk
Old January 31st 06, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Can anyone link me to any instructions that might be on the web, if not
has anyone got an idea if Electrolux will still have info on this model???

There's not much to know, apart from the company now being known as Dometic.
Fridge should work on twelve volts when connected to car with engine
running. Most fridges have a red indicator lamp to show it's receiving
power.
Mains voltage when on site and connected to supply. There maybe an isolating
switch. Green indicator lamp on fridge when receiving mains power.
To run it off gas, turn gas temperature control to high- hold it in and
click the igniter button several times. Same as on old gas fire. Open the
door and look for a blue flame behind a round window-bottom left at the back
of the lower shelf.
Some don't have a piezo clicker but an automatic igniter. Hold down a spring
loaded switch and a series of sparks should ignite the flame provided there
is a good 12volt supply.
DaveK.

Old January 31st 06, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Douglas

"Banditfrenzy" [email protected] wrote in message
Hello all, bought my first van yesterday, a Sprite Alpine 12' 4 berth,
which is fitted with an Electrolux RM 2200 3 way fridge. So far I've only
tested it on 240v (which it will be mainly used on) but will need the gas
+ 12v options sometime this coming summer.

Can anyone link me to any instructions that might be on the web, if not
has anyone got an idea if Electrolux will still have info on this model???

My thanks in advance.

Chas.

Please remove the obvious to e.mail

[email protected]//obvious// charity.freeserve.co.uk

Downloadable from www.dometic.co.uk

select Service - User Manuals

In search facility put RM2200 in model denomination and hit search.

(don't fill in the other fields, including Brand)

Gives you a choice of multiple languages for download.
--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old January 31st 06, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nick \(Scots\)

"Banditfrenzy" [email protected] wrote in message
Hello all, bought my first van yesterday, a Sprite Alpine 12' 4 berth, which is fitted
with an Electrolux RM 2200 3 way fridge. So far I've only tested it on 240v (which it
will be mainly used on) but will need the gas + 12v options sometime this coming summer.

Can anyone link me to any instructions that might be on the web, if not has anyone got
an idea if Electrolux will still have info on this model???

Be careful if the thermocouple has rusted away.

Nick