Shipping caravan to portugal

Old February 1st 06, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Janet

Default Shipping caravan to portugal

Hi there!

We are arranging siting of a caravan on a campsite near Faro in Portugal,on
a semi-permanent basis. Does anyone have any knowledge of companies or
organisations that could do this for us? I know the easy option is to tow
it out ourselves but we have a disabled son and the time taken to tow the
rig out to Portugal could be a problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Old February 2nd 06, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

Do you have caravanning friends who would be prepared to tow it out there
and set it up for you, perhaps having a week free in it, or being paid for
fuel etc. for doing so?

All the best, Peter.

Old February 2nd 06, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

I know the easy option is to tow it out ourselves but we have a disabled
son and the time taken to tow the
rig out to Portugal could be a problem.

(Further to my email re Caravan Club). AutoRte Express says 1440 miles from
Calais. Four and a half driving days.
Plus UK miles to channel port-(320 each way for me). 90 fuel.
Autoroute tolls are almost 15p a mile when towing trailer. Tolls 150.
100 gallons fuel on continent. 370.
Ferry. 150.
Hotels. 200 (or site fees 80)
Insurance. 100.
Doing it yourself there'd be no change from 1000. Commercial outfit would
be a lot more. Maybe buy a caravan in Portugal?
DaveK.

Old February 2nd 06, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:27:53 -0000, "Janet" Janet @ morton 7428.
fsworld.co.uk wrote:

|Hi there!
|
|We are arranging siting of a caravan on a campsite near Faro in Portugal,on
|a semi-permanent basis. Does anyone have any knowledge of companies or
|organisations that could do this for us? I know the easy option is to tow
|it out ourselves but we have a disabled son and the time taken to tow the
|rig out to Portugal could be a problem.
|
|Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ferry to Bilbao Northern Spain?
http://www.directferries.co.uk/bilbao_ferry.htm
Google for a better destination.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Please quote, with quote
character, previous post sniped to only the bit you are replying to.
Old February 2nd 06, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 2nd 06, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning