A14 Lit?

Old February 2nd 06, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Capt T

Default A14 Lit?

Hi
Can anyone tell me if the A14 from the m11 into Warwick is dual and lit?Is
it motorway class?

Cheers

Old February 2nd 06, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Morgan

Capt T wrote:
Hi
Can anyone tell me if the A14 from the m11 into Warwick is dual and lit?Is
it motorway class?

Cheers

The A14 from the end of the M11 to the junction with the M6 at Rugby is
dual carriageway but through Cambridgeshire it is often at a
standstill. You should avoid rush hour periods completely and listen
carefully to the radio for traffic information. There are only short
sections along the route which are lit.

The A14 carries far more traffic than it was designed for, much of it
heavy traffic from the North and Midlands heading for docks at Dover
and Harwich, You should expect to spend many miles stuck behind
inconsiderate lorry drivers who pull out to overtake and then are
unable to pull pack for 10 miles, or more.

Good luck

Morgan

Old February 2nd 06, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills\(aka Hitch Lock\)

Morgan wrote:

Capt T wrote:
Hi
Can anyone tell me if the A14 from the m11 into Warwick is dual and
lit?Is it motorway class?

Cheers

The A14 from the end of the M11 to the junction with the M6 at Rugby
is dual carriageway but through Cambridgeshire it is often at a
standstill. You should avoid rush hour periods completely and listen
carefully to the radio for traffic information. There are only short
sections along the route which are lit.

The A14 carries far more traffic than it was designed for, much of it
heavy traffic from the North and Midlands heading for docks at Dover
and Harwich, You should expect to spend many miles stuck behind
inconsiderate lorry drivers who pull out to overtake and then are
unable to pull pack for 10 miles, or more.

Good luck

Morgan

It doesn't actually go to Warwick - it goes to where the M6 joins the M1,
north-east of Coventry.

It is dual carriageway all the way - but only 2 lanes, and no hard shoulder.
Some bits are lit - but by no means all of it.

As someone else has said, it tends to get congested by lorries overtaking
each other at a low differential speed.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old February 2nd 06, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Capt T

Thanks for that..I am flying in to Stanstead Friday night mid night ish and
have to get to Leamington and the route the rac gizmo gave me was A14 which
i am not familiar with.
Cheers
"Morgan" wrote in message
oups.com...