Lidl offers 09/02/2006

Old February 3rd 06, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Lidl offers 09/02/2006

Several security/safety offers coming at Lidl, particulary this Gas Alarm
might be of interest to us caravanners

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pa...09.p.Gas_Alarm

Please reply to News Group

Old February 3rd 06, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"David" wrote in message
Several security/safety offers coming at Lidl, particulary this Gas Alarm
might be of interest to us caravanners

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pa...09.p.Gas_Alarm

On Ebay these have staring bids of 20 with 5 postage!

Please reply to News Group

Old February 3rd 06, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:14:15 GMT, "David" wrote:

|Several security/safety offers coming at Lidl, particulary this Gas Alarm
|might be of interest to us caravanners
|
|http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pa...09.p.Gas_Alarm

Remember at Lidl or Aldi, the only way to be sure of getting something is
to be there when doors open, and for electronic goods be first in the
queue.

Unless you got one then they will still be there a week later. :-(

We wanted some ordinary tables and they were all gone at 9:15.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Please quote, with quote
character, previous post sniped to only the bit you are replying to.
Old February 3rd 06, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 3rd 06, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 7th 06, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barleycorn

This alarm will detect LPG and methane. I should have thought a more
suitable alarm for a caravan would be a combined smoke / carbon monoxide
alarm.

As LPG is heavier than air, presumably the caravan would have to be full of
it to the level of the alarm before it was detected, and as for methane I'm
not sure where that would come from unless you were pitched on a bog!!

Barleycorn.