SAGA Caravan Insurance - anyone renewed recently?

Old February 6th 06, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills\(aka Hitch Lock\)

Default SAGA Caravan Insurance - anyone renewed recently?

My insurance is shortly due to be renewed. I have just received a letter
from Saga telling me about the 'New Improved' policy which will be coming my
way.

Am I a cynic - or this just early warning of a massive premium increase,
which will cost me a lot more for the same cover, or provide a lot less
cover for the same premium?

In the accompanying leaflet - containing questions and answers - it says:
"Is my Saga Caravan Insurance going to cost me any more?"

An answer of "categorically no" would be acceptable. However, what they
*actually* say is:
"A normal annual premium increase is included within your renewal premium,
but you now have the opportunity to reduce your premium by taking advantage
of our flexible excesses, removing any optional, unwanted cover features,
and benefitting from our new storage and security discounts"

*Why* should there be a *normal* annual increase for the *same* cover? Is
anyone seriously claiming that the *risk* increases dramatically year on
year - or is it just pure profiteering?

If anyone has recently received an actual renewal invitation from Saga, I
would interested to hear what the premium was, compared to the previous
year.
--
Cheers,
Roger