Kia Sorrento Tow Bar

Old February 7th 06, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Default Kia Sorrento Tow Bar

Hi,

Soon I will be ordering a new Kia Sorrento and want to know the best tow bar
to fit. Kia has two options, a fixed and a removable option.
My Van is a one year old Coachman Pastiche 460/2 with the AL-ko AKS 3004
stabiliser which when bought I had to put on another longer tow bar which
came with the van on my 827 Rover so that the 3004 stabiliser would not
touch the bumper.!
So, welcome any input.

Cheers

Steve

Old February 7th 06, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Stephen Reed" wrote in message
Hi,

Soon I will be ordering a new Kia Sorrento and want to know the best tow
bar to fit. Kia has two options, a fixed and a removable option.
My Van is a one year old Coachman Pastiche 460/2 with the AL-ko AKS 3004
stabiliser which when bought I had to put on another longer tow bar which
came with the van on my 827 Rover so that the 3004 stabiliser would not
touch the bumper.!
So, welcome any input.

Do not go to the main dealer they will probably ask you 400 'ish.
Try to find out who does the Trade work in your area, I did.
It cost under 200 and the dealer wanted 450, I never asked him if vat
extra or not.
I was given choice by the firm who the dealers go to of Towsure or Witter,
went for Witter with its better paint finish.

Please reply to News Group

Old February 7th 06, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Willdigg

I have a sorento fitted with a conventional bolt on towball, I would think
you would need to checkout how far the removable hitch projected before you
can answer that. However its going to be cheaper to have the "fixed" option.
Regards
Dave Willdigg

Old February 7th 06, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

I've got a KIA Sedona 2.9 and for my twopenneth I recommend you base your
decision on whether you have or intend to have rear parking sensors.

My Sedona was bought @ 3yrs old with a fixed towbar & twin electrics. Soon
after the wife cracked her mate's car front reg plate with our towbar we
decided we would have to get a reversing sensor kit fitted.

I did a very neat job of fitting the sensors ( even painted them to match
the bumper ). I was gutted when they wouldn't function properly because the
inner sensors were detecting the towball.

My next task is to fit the twin electrics to a separate bracket just below
the bumper. Then I will be able to just bolt & unbolt the box-section tow
bracket as & when I need it.