De-calcification

Old February 7th 06, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ZZhivago

Default De-calcification

Does anybody know please how to remove limescale from within a Carver II hot
water heater. (9 litres) I understand vinegar can be used.

Cheers in anticipation

Paul

Old February 7th 06, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"ZZhivago" wrote in message
Does anybody know please how to remove limescale from within a Carver II
hot water heater. (9 litres) I understand vinegar can be used.

Sure it requires the treatment? Think that model maybe just like a closed
saucepan. No element to calc up, just a gas burner underneath.
DaveK.

Old February 8th 06, 07:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ZZhivago

"davek" wrote in message

"ZZhivago" wrote in message
Does anybody know please how to remove limescale from within a Carver II
hot water heater. (9 litres) I understand vinegar can be used.

Sure it requires the treatment? Think that model maybe just like a closed
saucepan. No element to calc up, just a gas burner underneath.
DaveK.

It has an electric element. When I drained the heater down for winter,
there was quite a quantity of curved shards of calcification washed towards
the drain outlet, which looked to me as if they had peeled off the immersion
element. At the same time the heater when heating electrically, has started
to make a faint squeeling noise which is getting louder as time progresses.
It's noticeable at night and would keep us awake were it not for the fact
that it is now on a timer. I have read that it can be removed by using
vinegar, but was not certain about dilution, quantity and immersion time.

Cheers Paul

Old February 8th 06, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Donwill

"ZZhivago" wrote in message
Does anybody know please how to remove limescale from within a Carver II

hot
water heater. (9 litres) I understand vinegar can be used.

Cheers in anticipation

Paul

You might get more info from uk.d-i-y , they tend to deal with questions
relating to boilers, water heaters etc amongst other things of course.
Donwill