CEC ( Plug-in-systems ) Idm2 - battery & charger

Old February 7th 06, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

Default CEC ( Plug-in-systems ) Idm2 - battery & charger

Hi all,
My Crusader has got one of these alarms fitted and its my intention to get
it serviceable if I can.

The previous onwer had the van on a storage site in Egborough and was happy
it was secure without needing the alarm. So I reckon this thing hasn't been
used in at least 3 yrs.

I have the paperwork for it but no code, however I suspect it is as dead as
a dodo and will work off the manufacturers 1234 code. I've noticed it is a
self contained device or at least does not appear to work from the leisure
battery. There is a 'jack' plug hol for a charger.
So far I have managed to find loads of things hidden away in the van, from
toaster/kettle/microwave to full kitchen pans& utensils ( most of which is
better than our household stuff ..lol! ). I am confident that if I keep
looking I will come across the 'charger' for this alarm.

1) Can anyone describe what a CEC idm charger looks like, as I only know it
has a jack-plug ...but dunno what the other end is.
2) Assuming the battery is dead ( much like my leisure battery ! ) then are
replacements SPECIAL to CEC Plug-in or are they standard devices available
at places like Maplin ?
3) Anyone got and idea what the costs are for both charger & battery in the
event neither get sorted?

Thx

Old February 8th 06, 06:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
IAN

Find the steel control box, look under van for a black plastic vent,
somewhere along the sides. the keypad loom wires straight to it,it shouldn't
be difficult to find, unplug loom, unscrew it from floor and remove it.

Drill out the rivets holding base to lid, inside is a 12 volt alarm battery
1.2 amp/hr. cut off wires as close as poss to battery. Go to Newey & Eyre,
City Electrical or other elec wholesaler. take the batt with you and ask for
a replacement. Solder leads back on red to red term obviously. refit the
steel top to base secure with self tappers or small bolts and reconnect. I
installed a 7 amp/hr batt next to unit as it gives a much longer standby.

Or try this
Plug in Systems have a full technical support with 5 service engineers
through out GB. They are Direct Technical Services and are based in Hull
Tele 01482 670700 or e-mail SHACK.

Old February 8th 06, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

[...]

"ToxOgrady" wrote in message

Hhmm ...had a look tonight as I wanted to put a spare old mobile phone
inside it ( simple crude tracker in case it gets knicked ).
I went all along the underneath and could spot anything like you describe.

When it gets to weekend I'll take another look during daylight and also
chase the wires from the inside. The van is identical ( except trim mat'l )
to this storm on Ebay
http://tinyurl.com/axlx8

Its alarm panel resides over the right hand right of the stove above the
control panel. So I assumed whatever alarm box I was looking for was under
the nearside of the van.

Old February 8th 06, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

Hhmm ...had a look tonight as I wanted to put a spare old mobile phone
inside it ( simple crude tracker in case it gets knicked ).
I went all along the underneath and could spot anything like you describe.

When it gets to weekend I'll take another look during daylight and also chase
the wires from the inside. The van is identical ( except trim mat'l ) to this
storm on Ebay http://tinyurl.com/axlx8

Its alarm panel resides over the right hand right of the stove above the control
panel. So I assumed whatever alarm box I was looking for was under the nearside
of the van.

Some one who wants his van back after a Pickies Nicked It

I never ceased to be amazed

DieSea