cc site Chirk

Old February 8th 06, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Capt T

Default cc site Chirk

Any info plse on Chirk cc site.
Is snowdon fairly easy to get to?
Ditto Liverpool and Blackpool?
Guess Chester 20mins away?

Is there a decent pub to walk to from this site the handbook is a bit long
faced re the village itself.

Thanks

Old February 8th 06, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Capt T" wrote in message
Any info plse on Chirk cc site.
Is snowdon fairly easy to get to?
Ditto Liverpool and Blackpool?
Guess Chester 20mins away?

Is there a decent pub to walk to from this site the handbook is a bit long
faced re the village itself.

Thanks

Have a look here http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/LadyMargaretsPark.htm It is
a bit of a hike into the village, perhaps a mile to the A5. However it is a
lovely campsite and there is a fair bit to do close to the site. I suppose
Chester and Snowdon are quite close but I don't think I would use this site
for visiting Liverpool and Blackpool as there are other campsites closer by.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old February 9th 06, 12:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

Beautiful site, nearest amenity is Chirk Castle (gates are on way into
site). Good pub by Froncysyllte Viaduct (2 miles, over river Dee carries
canal traffic). Double viaduct (one rail and one canal) just south of site
(foot access to canal towpath), where some scenes from "Travelling Man" were
filmed. Cadbury chocolate cake factory, smell of burnt chocolate when wind
in wrong direction. Plentiful wild life on site. Wrexham (7 miles) is
nearest town with Erddig House (NT) well worth visiting. North Wales coast
nearer than Liverpool and Blackpool (there is a CC site at Blackpool).
Approach to Snowdon is from south of the mountain coming up alongside the
Glyders, Fawr & Fach. Follow A5 through Betws-y-Coed to Capel Curig then
left on A4086 and bear right (still on A 4086) towards Llanberis. There was
a good cafe at top of LLanberis pass within easy walking distance of Snowdon
summit. Offa's Dyke Path is other side of Chirk Castle. Llangollen is 5
miles up the A5. Chester is about 15 miles further on from Wrexham.

All the best, Peter.