Site recommendations - Near Settle

Old February 8th 06, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Marsh

Default Site recommendations - Near Settle

I'm looking for a quiet, sheltered site near Settle with views of the
surrounding country side. Nothing "fancy" - just a tap and somewhere for the
waste!

Has anyone any suggestions from previous experiences which they would like
to share?

Thanks - Mike

Old February 8th 06, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Mike Marsh" wrote in message
I'm looking for a quiet, sheltered site near Settle with views of the
surrounding country side. Nothing "fancy" - just a tap and somewhere for the
waste!

Has anyone any suggestions from previous experiences which they would like to
share?

Thanks - Mike

Two sites

Knights Stainforth . very near Settle

New Farm near Kirby Lonsdale

Don't know about Nights Stainforth nowadays , the (MY ) family used to use it
very often

New Farm at Kirby Lonsdale , very good , close to reasonable pubs and eateries

run by a very pleasant family and IMMACULATE

We keep on going back there and have been doing so for Donkeys Years

Regards

DieSea

Old February 9th 06, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:39:11 GMT, "Mike Marsh" wrote:

|I'm looking for a quiet, sheltered site near Settle with views of the
|surrounding country side.

Sheltered and views are mutually incompatible near Settle.

|Nothing "fancy" - just a tap and somewhere for the
|waste!
|
|Has anyone any suggestions from previous experiences which they would like
|to share?

My favourite site near Settle is Lowther Hill Caravan Park Bentham 015242
61657. Off B6480 half way between Clapham and Bentham. Very quite, 10
pitches, with **wonderful** view of Ingleborough, some shelter, one toilet
plus tap, waste water and Chemical disposal.

Isabella Carr the owner is a *character* she personally won the ?Yorkshire
Personality of the year? class at the Great Yorkshire Show a few years ago.

Do *not* mention if you are a member of CC. She has a CC CL of the Year
?98? notice set in concrete on a wall. She dislikes CC because someone
sent an *anonymous* letter about the site, and thinks CC are a bunch of
snobs. This was part of the reason she moved from CC CL to a Council
Registered site, and now has a CCC listed sign at the gate.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Please quote, with quote
character, previous post sniped to only the bit you are replying to.
Old February 9th 06, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 9th 06, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning