Fiat Multipla

Old February 9th 06, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew

Default Fiat Multipla

I am just in the process of buying a new Fiat Multipla 1.9 JTD to use as my
tow car. Has anyone had experience of these?

We wanted the air con so have gone for the top model which also has a
reverse parking sensor, which my wife likes. I have asked the garage to fit
a tow bar but they say it will interfere with the parking sensor so we have
had to pay more for a tow bar with detachable ball.

They assure me the detachable kind is just as strong, anyone know about
these?

I am now wondering if I will still be able to attach my stabiliser or if I
will need a special kind?

Of course I will have to put up with the parking sensor beeping all of the
time when reversing with the caravan as I don't think you can turn it off.
Or does anyone know otherwise?

--
Andrew Cutforth - AJC Software - www.ajcsoft.com
The best folder synchronize and directory compare tool available.

Old February 9th 06, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

I have towed with a Renault Laguna Estate since 2001, when the car was
new. This came as standard with parking sensors and a fixed towbar.
There is NO problem with interference on this model! The sensor does
activate when reverse is engaged with the'van on the hook. If this is a
problem for you, it is usually possible to install a cut-out relau
which stops it operating withthe trailer lights plugged in.
Before parting with hard earned cash, I would be inclined to speak to a
good local idependant tow bar fitter for his take - I thinh you may be
dealing with a salesman who either doesn't know what he is talking
about, or is trying to "up the ante"!

Old February 9th 06, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:25:39 -0000, "Andrew" wrote:

|I am just in the process of buying a new Fiat Multipla 1.9 JTD to use as my
|tow car. Has anyone had experience of these?
|
|We wanted the air con so have gone for the top model which also has a
|reverse parking sensor, which my wife likes. I have asked the garage to fit
|a tow bar but they say it will interfere with the parking sensor so we have
|had to pay more for a tow bar with detachable ball.

This was not necessarily a good idea. My Skoda Fabia has parking sensors
and a conventional tow bar. The parking sensors miss the towball but only
by a bit. I have to kick the towball cover towards the car when they
occasionally beep incorrectly. Also wash the sensors carefully muck
increases the width of the sensor beam.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Please quote, with quote
character, previous post sniped to only the bit you are replying to.
Old February 9th 06, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 9th 06, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 9th 06, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

You should find there is a switch to isolate the reversing sensors when
towing a trailer, this may depend on whether the sensors were factory fitted
or retro-fitted. I have one on my Renault, although the sensors do "see" the
towball occasionally.
Tankie

Old February 9th 06, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

Old February 9th 06, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin