UK TV Reception at "Caravaning La Manga", La Manga, Spain

Old February 10th 06, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

Default UK TV Reception at "Caravaning La Manga", La Manga, Spain

Last time we were at La Manga I was told that the proprietors were going to
install a system to take UK Satellite TV (BBC, ITV) and re-transmit it over
the site using normal analogue signals so that caravanners and others could
pick it up with normal caravan type terrestrial aerials.

However, I remember reading an item in either the Caravan Club or Camping &
Caravan Club monthly magazine sometime last year that there had been some
problems or delays on this. I went through back numbers from April 2005 but
cannot find the article, perhaps it was earlier than April.

Please can anyone give any updates as to whether this system is now
installed and working or when it may be. Perhaps one of the returning
snowbirds has up-to-date info.

I do not think a 2M dish is practical just to keep up-to-date with the UK
news and Radio 4.

Thanks.

Jim