Carver cascade fitting.

Old February 11th 06, 06:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Default Carver cascade fitting.

Hi does anyone know of a fitting guide for a carver water heater, I may need
to fit one and have just been quoted 500 seems a bit steep. So I may fit it
myself then have it checked over for saftey before use. its a lot cheaper.
I do understand the saftey element here but I am cetain I can cut the hole
and add the water pipes myself even if I leave the gas bit to a qualified
fitter.

--
Tim Pace

Old February 11th 06, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 07:03:42 GMT, "Tinkapace"
wrote:

|Hi does anyone know of a fitting guide for a carver water heater, I may need
|to fit one and have just been quoted ?500 seems a bit steep. So I may fit it
|myself then have it checked over for saftey before use. its a lot cheaper.
|I do understand the saftey element here but I am cetain I can cut the hole

These things are heavy, and the movement of the van will wag the hater
around, so you will have to strengthen the wall of the van to hold the
weight.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Please quote, with quote
character, previous post sniped to only the bit you are replying to.
Old February 11th 06, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 11th 06, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 11th 06, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Tinkapace" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi does anyone know of a fitting guide for a carver water heater, I may
need to fit one and have just been quoted 500 seems a bit steep. So I may
fit it myself then have it checked over for saftey before use. its a lot
cheaper. I do understand the saftey element here but I am cetain I can cut
the hole and add the water pipes myself even if I leave the gas bit to a
qualified fitter.

--
Tim Pace

I have one of these fitted and the Carver manual (which I guess comes with
it) includes installation, testing and user instructions.

Dave makes a good point though (post below) and the instructions explain how
to overcome that potential problem by lining the caravan wall hole with
timber and stabilising the back end of the unit. The rear of my factory
fitted one is attached/stabilised direct to the floor but if the hole you
cut doesn't allow that properly (strain free) I guess you will have to pad
it out with appropriate material and fixing(s).

Richard

Old February 11th 06, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

I dont suppose you could copy me the instalation bit could you please and
fax it or email it me I would apreciate it.

--
Tim Pace