midge free Scotland

Old February 12th 06, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin McGowan

Default midge free Scotland

Help, i need some advice, my wife wants to go to Scotland this year, I'd
quite like to go as well LOL. however i frequently have to use oxygen
and the thought of the little blighters invading my mask is not too
enthralling. i want to visit relatives near Glasgow, plus i would like
to go into the highlands. so I'm wondering do midges have a season and
if so when are there fewest about. thank you in anticipation.

Martin
Old February 12th 06, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sparky

"Martin McGowan" wrote in message
Help, i need some advice, my wife wants to go to Scotland this year, I'd
quite like to go as well LOL. however i frequently have to use oxygen and
the thought of the little blighters invading my mask is not too
enthralling. i want to visit relatives near Glasgow, plus i would like to
go into the highlands. so I'm wondering do midges have a season and if so
when are there fewest about. thank you in anticipation.

Martin

Hi martin

Early season is best, certainly before June if possible. Glasgow is
relatively unaffected, parts of the highlands are a different matter.

Cheers

Old February 12th 06, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Scott Bannister

"Sparky" m a r k @ b u r n h o u s e c a r a va n s wrote in message

"Martin McGowan" wrote in message
Help, i need some advice, my wife wants to go to Scotland this year, I'd
quite like to go as well LOL. however i frequently have to use oxygen and
the thought of the little blighters invading my mask is not too
enthralling. i want to visit relatives near Glasgow, plus i would like to
go into the highlands. so I'm wondering do midges have a season and if so
when are there fewest about. thank you in anticipation.

Martin

Hi martin

Early season is best, certainly before June if possible. Glasgow is
relatively unaffected, parts of the highlands are a different matter.

Cheers

David
If you want to avoid them completely, you need to wait till October.
Failing that, I have had very good reports about the effectiveness of Avon
Skin - so Soft. I'm told the little blighters do keep away............and I
suppose you end up with softer skin !!

Of course, there is the old highland treatment, oft given to tourists
...........that they should paint themselves with a sugar
solution............doesn't keep the midges away, but it rots their teeth

Scotty

Old February 12th 06, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil Cairns

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:20:09 GMT, Martin McGowan
wrote:

Help, i need some advice, my wife wants to go to Scotland this year, I'd
quite like to go as well LOL. however i frequently have to use oxygen
and the thought of the little blighters invading my mask is not too
enthralling. i want to visit relatives near Glasgow, plus i would like
to go into the highlands. so I'm wondering do midges have a season and
if so when are there fewest about. thank you in anticipation.

Martin

The rule is no later than the end of May and the Late September onward
to miss the =
Neil