Suggestions/Recomendations for Southern France Sites ?

Old February 12th 06, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KTE

Default Suggestions/Recomendations for Southern France Sites ?

Hi All,

Back into carvanning after a 10 year gap - got a 2004 Sterling Eccles
Jewel towed with 2004 Toyota Hilux D4D.

Looking at going to the Cote D'Azur region of France in August this
year ( want somewhere hot !) with very good facilities and good
hook-ups. Taking Eurotunnel and driving through France.

Need good pool/activities/entertainment as have two teenage daughters
(13 and 15)

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated and
would it be better to stop 2 nights on the way down and back driving
or could it be done it one overnight stop?

Lastly, if we took the quickest route (Autoroute) what Toll Charges
could I expect to rack up there and back ?

Thanks for all the advice and keep the group alive !!

Cheers

Old February 12th 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Willdigg

My advice would be to go abolutley anyhere but the South of France in
August. I have'nt been myself outside June and its only just about bearable
then, crowds traffic and cost. If it has to be August I would think about
Spains costa Brava or France West coast but its still going to be busy.
Regards Dave

Old February 12th 06, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KTE

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:42:30 -0000, "David Willdigg"
wrote:

My advice would be to go abolutley anyhere but the South of France in
August. I have'nt been myself outside June and its only just about bearable
then, crowds traffic and cost. If it has to be August I would think about
Spains costa Brava or France West coast but its still going to be busy.
Regards Dave

What about the west cost then - will it be hot - I have two daughters
that will throw a teenage wobbly if it is not about 30 degress !!!!

Old February 12th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

What about the west cost then - will it be hot - I have two daughters
that will throw a teenage wobbly if it is not about 30 degress !!!!

All the French take all their holidays from mid July to end of August (plus
most of the rest of Europe). It's mayhem on all the coasts. Caravan site
fees leap from average 10 a night to 25 or more.
Autoroute tolls are now up to 15p a mile when towing, which takes the edge
off the cheaper diesel fuel. Best to use National Routes where you can and
just use the autoroute to skirt around towns (Orleans and Clermont Ferrand
particularly).
We head for the Med coast of France which isn't quite so congested-Sete and
Agde to the Spanish border.
Good campgrounds and plenty going on for youngsters.(And it's hot).
DaveK.