Clumber Park

Old February 12th 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris Hatcher

Default Clumber Park

Hi.

We are a family of four (kids 14 and 10) and we are thinking of going to
Clumber Park CC Site in April. We enjoy cycling and have heard its good.

Any views / thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Old February 12th 06, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jerry

"Chris Hatcher" wrote in message
Hi.

We are a family of four (kids 14 and 10) and we are thinking of going to
Clumber Park CC Site in April. We enjoy cycling and have heard its good.

Any views / thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

I stayed at Clumber Park CC site once. It is exellent for cycling through
the park. Unfortunately when we were there it wasgoing through a bad patch,
this was 4 years ago now. Because the site forms part of the park it has no
fences and as such is open to the rather seedier locals who inhabit the park
at night. This culminated in quite a few cycles being stolen from awnings,
by running a Stanley knife down it, including a specially adapted cycle for
a disabled girl. I could have wept, is there no shame to these people. As I
said that was 4 years ago now and it may have calmed down a bit!!! Sad
really as it is such a nicely situated site too.

Old February 12th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KTE

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:59:05 -0000, "Jerry"
wrote:

[...]

Was there in Mid-October - had a great 2 day stay - plenty to do and
see in the park - cycling is great - superb site - excellent
shower/toilet block good pitches - take an aerial link up cable
because your Status aerial will be nearly useless and don't rely on
using your mobile too much on any network (had to stand in the middle
of some trees or sat in tolilet block to get a signal(O2) - only thing
missing is a pub or bar on-site. It is becoming very popular - had to
wait three weeks to get a pitch !!! Would recommend highly.

Old February 12th 06, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

"Chris Hatcher" wrote in message
Hi.

We are a family of four (kids 14 and 10) and we are thinking of going to
Clumber Park CC Site in April. We enjoy cycling and have heard its good.

Any views / thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

I stayed at Clumber Park CC site once. It is exellent for cycling through
the park. Unfortunately when we were there it wasgoing through a bad patch,
this was 4 years ago now. Because the site forms part of the park it has no
fences That has now been remedied there is a fence all the way round the site now.

Was there in Mid-October - had a great 2 day stay - plenty to do and
see in the park - cycling is great - superb site - excellent
shower/toilet block good pitches - take an aerial link up cable
because your Status aerial will be nearly useless and don't rely on
using your mobile too much on any network (had to stand in the middle
of some trees or sat in tolilet block to get a signal(O2) - only thing
missing is a pub or bar on-site. It is becoming very popular - had to
wait three weeks to get a pitch !!! Would recommend highly.

It fills up on a Friday afternoon, the caravans flood in and then
empties on a Sunday afternoon. I wouldn't like to comment on what it
is like in the high season though. We tend to go there in early April
and find it is a fabulous place to be , the park is almost level so
we find walking for us is easy and there is so much to do inside the
park that so far we have never ventured outside the park other than
for a bit of shopping. We always try to arrive on a Sunday afternoon
and leave on a Friday morning and because of this and the time of year
we go we never have to book it more than a few days in advance, and
then only for our own peace of mind.
Bill Lord