Unladen weight

Old February 12th 06, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kram

Default Unladen weight

Does anybody know the unladen weight of an Abi Marauder 500ct 1989 5 berth.

Thanks

Old February 13th 06, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 00:07:31 -0000, "kram" wrote:

|Does anybody know the unladen weight of an Abi Marauder 500ct 1989 5 berth.

It is the total weight with baggage, water, gas, etc. etc. which is
important when towing. Find a local Public weighbridge and have it
weighed.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are
Old February 13th 06, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 13th 06, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 13th 06, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kram

I need to know as I'm selling it and people are asking the weight of the
caravan.

There is a silver plate on the side one has a weight of 1000kg written on
it. Is the true weight ?

news

Old February 13th 06, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kram

Old February 13th 06, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kram

Old February 13th 06, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:37:09 -0000, "kram" wrote:

|I need to know as I'm selling it and people are asking the weight of the
|caravan.
|
|There is a silver plate on the side one has a weight of 1000kg written on
|it. Is the true weight ?

|"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
|news | On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 00:07:31 -0000, "kram" wrote:
|
| |Does anybody know the unladen weight of an Abi Marauder 500ct 1989 5
| berth.
|
| It is the total weight with baggage, water, gas, etc. etc. which is
| important when towing. Find a local Public weighbridge and have it
| weighed.

No! there are often quite legitimate reasons for the original weight to
change, in my case an oven was added by the local agent.

Your prospective buyers do not understand the problems, best quote them
whatever it says on the plate. But mine is illegible :-(

M.A.W. = Maximum Allowable weight. (the weight of the van plus anything
else it contains when towing.)

C.A.P. = someone here will know.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Old February 13th 06, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 13th 06, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning