Tyres thread very early Jan '06

Old February 13th 06, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

Default Tyres thread very early Jan '06

The article the OP refers too indicates that is an obsolete view. The advice
from the Tyre Industry Council (TIC) is encapsulated in this piece ''Don't
worry about supporting the weight of your caravan on axle stands. Radial
tyres do not distort permanently under load. Cross-ply tyres, especially
those with nylon cords in them did distort, but a caravan on cross-ply tyres
belongs in a museum''.

The whole piece is quite interesting and maybe helps bring views into the
21st century. I particularly liked the information provided which allows you
to decode week and year of manufacture for the tyre.

Mind you I say maybe because a Caravan Club (CC) representative has added a
footnote indicating agreement, and refers you Page 593 in the CC Sites
Directory & Handbook. _But_ (yes you have guessed it) this gives very
different advice. In fact the advice given there seems more applicable to
cross-ply tyres.

I am going to drop the CC an email about that and see what they say.

Richard

A new post script ....... ......... to date no response from the Caravan
Club ....... bar the automated we have received your input

Richard

Old February 14th 06, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harpic

"Richard" wrote in message
[...]

Where can we find the TIC article?
Do you have a URL?

Old February 14th 06, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Harpic" wrote in message

"Richard" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Sight of the whole article was one thing I mentioned to the CC.

Do you have a URL?

No

Richard

Old February 14th 06, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Harpic" wrote in message

"Richard" wrote in
message ...

Old February 14th 06, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Harpic" wrote in message

"Richard" wrote in
message ...