LCD TV's

Old February 15th 06, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Default LCD TV's

Hi all, I am considering buying a 15/17 inch LCD for the van, I have an
Adria Optima 485b which has a lack of suitable flat surfaces so I am
considering wall mounting the device. It would have to swivel and tilt. Has
anyone used the wall mounting brackets for an LCD TV in a caravan ? will the
brackets hold ok on a caravan wall given the weight of the TV ? alternate
method would be to reinforce the wardrobe from behind and fit the bracket
there ( sandwiching the wardrobe side in-between a piece of wood and the
bracket) any help would be appreciated

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old February 15th 06, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Thanks Barry I had already thought of removing it during travel. also using
the wardrobe means I can come up inside with the antennal lead and power
cables.

Old February 15th 06, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Only problem is the wardrobe has 2 skins with a gap of about half an inch in
the middle so when I tightened up it would pull in giving a belowing effect.
I would have to maybe use two bits of wood. One inside and one out and use
dowling to link them together so as they would not pull the two panels. This
is getting complicated now !!

Old February 15th 06, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Technophobe

"Tinkapace" wrote in message
Only problem is the wardrobe has 2 skins with a gap of about half an inch
in the middle so when I tightened up it would pull in giving a belowing
effect. I would have to maybe use two bits of wood. One inside and one out
and use dowling to link them together so as they would not pull the two
panels. This is getting complicated now !!

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD
Well I fitted a 17inch LCD to mthe side of my wardrobe on the Kontiki and
had no problems.

I used al 4 screws but put a bit of that perforated nopn slop rubber mat
behind it and pushed the bolts thru that to stop it from rattling or
damaging the panel.
The cables just came up from the seat beneath . In thre corner.
Dont forget to get one that runs from 12v then u can watch it at any time.
Like get the golf while having a short stop in a service centre..
The wardropne was single skin ply.
Dave