help insurance OT

Old February 16th 06, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Default help insurance OT

..
I apologise for boring folks with an off topic item but you are so helpful
on this group I felt someone may have some ideas
I wonder if there is anyone on this group who could help me regarding
insurance on our caravan
We have our caravan insured with the Caravan Club at present.
During the summer months we take our classic car to shows with our caravan.
This year since I retired I would like to use the awning for selling and
demo-ing the cards I design and make and have children's workshops.
I have to arrange public liability insurance and have contacted the market
traders association; they will cover the awning and stall. I also contacted
our Brokers Footman James who cover the car, and they told me to try the CC
but they say I would be using the caravan for commercial purposes at these
events and therefore, it is not covered, but I would only be using the
awning technically, want to keep them completely separate for privacy and
security reasons. The only way round as I see it is to have an independent
stall not joined to the caravan. Any help you can give would be gratefully
received.
Finally can you buy a curtain to split a large awning into 2 or will I have
to make one, I think it's a Dorema make
Liz Hall
Milton Keynes

Old February 16th 06, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Yes that is what you will need to do as any commercial activity from your
van will not be covered, however you will also need to be aware that no
stock will be covered if in the van you must keep the two separate, I cannot
think of one caravan insurer that would cover you for this as they only
cover domestic use caravans. You would have to insure it as a business like
the roadside cafe caravanners do. I would have thought a gazebo or tent
would be best and leave the caravan well away from the whole selling pitch.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old February 16th 06, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Yes thanks that is what we have almost decided.
Liz

Old February 16th 06, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Old February 16th 06, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Old February 16th 06, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian Pollard

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:31:03 -0000, "liz hall" "remove the spam"
wrote:

.
I apologise for boring folks with an off topic item but you are so helpful
on this group I felt someone may have some ideas
I wonder if there is anyone on this group who could help me regarding
insurance on our caravan

SNIP

I reckon E & L Insurance may be able to help
http://www.eandl.co.uk
If you discuss it with them, they may be able to help out.

Ian