Hi-speed Internet access in a caravan?

Old February 16th 06, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tiscali

Default Hi-speed Internet access in a caravan?

Hi,

Anyone know my options (if any - lol) for achieving broadband speeds? I need
more than dial-up through a mobile 'phone; I want to be able to use VOIP...

Thanks...

--
Susan

Old February 16th 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pete

"Tiscali" wrote in message
Hi,

Anyone know my options (if any - lol) for achieving broadband speeds? I
need more than dial-up through a mobile 'phone; I want to be able to use
VOIP...

Thanks...

--
Susan

Try this:

http://www.satcomms.com/product_data...hp?refnum=1010

Cheers

Pete

Old February 16th 06, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pete

"Tiscali" wrote in message
Hi,

Anyone know my options (if any - lol) for achieving broadband speeds? I
need more than dial-up through a mobile 'phone; I want to be able to use
VOIP...

Thanks...

--
Susan

Another possibility:

http://www.broadbandwherever.co.uk/

Pete

Old February 16th 06, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

Try this:

http://www.satcomms.com/product_data...hp?refnum=1010

Cheers

Pete

Hi

VOIP using satellites doesn't work very well

Not for the likes of us any way , its all down to Jitter !!

Basically it the distance from earth to satellite and back to earth is the
problem

It can happen , BUT , CAN you afford it

Moving data around using satellites is not a problem , its done as bursts , so if
a packet ( of data ) arrives out of sequence it can eventually be arranged so that
the packet falls into the right place

..

Oh well tooooooo complicated for this time of night

DieSea