Caravan Guard Insurance

Old February 17th 06, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Default Caravan Guard Insurance

My sister does caravan storage and has just become an agent for the above
mentioned Company and has asked me to consider changing my insurance from
the Caravan Club. Has anyone had dealings with this Company and how do they
compare, she said she saved 100 on her insurance.
Liz

Old February 17th 06, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

I ended up with them as a newbie. I tried E&L but they weren't happy about
the security of my storage compound ( i.e. not manned or patrolled )
Caravanguard were okay but the premium was ~300 quid for an insured total
value of ~9k ( and its a twin axle )
I will probably shop around next year but at the time I was just glad to get
cover.

"liz hall" "remove the spam" wrote in
message ...

Old February 18th 06, 05:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

"You pay for what you get" however I have found that if a client has a good
claim they tend to stick with the insurer

after 15 years in the business I find this not always to be the case I have
placed buisiness with expensive companies at the specific request of
clients. And others just want the cheapest. I have found that although the
quality of the product will often be better with a higher costing policy (
more features) cost is no guarantee of a swift and trouble free claim. I
have had superb service from one company over a claim and the same company
has been terrible with another. I have insured ex caravan club members who
have had big problems with them and left them and do not have a good word to
say about them ( although not many, they are very good) and I speak to
others who would not go anywhere else. Caravan Guard are OK never had any
bother with them. I cannot speak for all brokers but most will only put you
with a reputable company because they want to retain the business on renewal
because we get renewal commission.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD