Breakdown Insurance in Euro Cover - are Europ Assistance any good?

Old February 18th 06, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Scott

Default Breakdown Insurance in Euro Cover - are Europ Assistance any good?

Ok - currently with Direct line insurance for my Mitsubishi Pajero 1993
- and have a 93 Lunar Eclipse caravan - pretty new to caravanning

Anyway - so far we have loads of rallys, short weekends plus a 2 week
trip to France this year. So, looking for breakdown cover, plus european
cover if I can

So far Europ Assistance cost via, http://www.quotelinedirect.co.uk/ do
look damn good and the info on Europs website may apply:

http://www.europ-assistance.co.uk/Template.aspx?ID=103

Does look damn good and that is a great cost as it includes European
cover - currently 59.00

Hmmm, well whem my Direct Line cover runs out for breakdown, they may
well get my business, especially as I am off to Europe in the summer -
what a cost saving.

But are they any good or should I stick with mayday and get a separate
breakdown cover for Europe???

Scott

***remove NOSPAM from email address to reply direct***
Old February 19th 06, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

Hi Scott that looks good to me, we have always used the red pennant from the
CC which is very good I am told but never used it. Last year it cost me
around 140.00 for three weeks, a lot of money for piece of mined. Take a
look at Morethan it was 49.00 last year. I wouldn't like to think what it
would cost if something did go wrong and I failed to spot some small print
in the policy.

I would go with Red Pennant as many on this Newsgroup will agree.

Keith

Old February 19th 06, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 19:37:56 GMT, Scott
wrote:

[...]

How did you arrive at 59 I just tried & came up with 110.72
(including 25.75 for the caravan).

When I shopped around last year I ended up extending my free AA cover
I get with my bank account that was 86 for 2 weeks single trip or 87
for annual multi trip cover for their 5 star policy, the reason its
only a pound difference is that caravans are covered free on a annual
policy.

One point to remember with european cover is that whoever you use are
going to use a third party in country you break down in for the
recovery, so at the end of the day you are at third parties mercy.
Some UK companies are better at organising things than others & have
more assistants at the end of the phone.

When I broke down in France a couple of years ago I was not impressed
with Mondial & would not use them again.

Lenny
www.motoressentials.co.uk
Diesel Power Cetane Booster for a smoother quieter engine.

Old February 19th 06, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Scott

Well - the 59 inc recovery and also includes a caravan if attached to
the vehicle, unless I a reading it wrong

Scott
Old February 19th 06, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Scott

Old February 19th 06, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Scott