Newbie query - refueling on long runs

Old February 18th 06, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

Default Newbie query - refueling on long runs

I can't say I've ever noticed a caravan hitched to the back of a car whilst
refueling. Lack of turning space in most petrol forecourts doesn't help.

If I plan to go really long range and need to fuel up, what is the norm for
a diesel car?

Do they have to be unhitched ?

Can the artic wagon bays be used for diesel?

Any rules / guidelines for UK or even France?

Old February 18th 06, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"ToxOgrady" wrote in message
I can't say I've ever noticed a caravan hitched to the back of a car whilst
refueling. Lack of turning space in most petrol forecourts doesn't help.

If I plan to go really long range and need to fuel up, what is the norm for a
diesel car?

Do they have to be unhitched ?

Can the artic wagon bays be used for diesel?

Any rules / guidelines for UK or even France?

I've never had much problems

On the long trips I do I seem to get through ok

If I'm off to Cornwall I usually re-fuel at Asda / Walmart at Filton

I find it easier to park near the Kiosk and walk at that one

I can get down to Exeter , but I refuse to pay the price they want at Exeter
services.

Sainsbury's at Bamber Bridge can be a bit tight but its a case of using your
**Noddle**

Oh what's the set up

A Renault Espace and a small two berth

DieSea

Old February 18th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 23:23:44 GMT, "ToxOgrady"
wrote:

I can't say I've ever noticed a caravan hitched to the back of a car whilst
refueling. Lack of turning space in most petrol forecourts doesn't help.
If I plan to go really long range and need to fuel up, what is the norm for
a diesel car?
Do they have to be unhitched ?

I've never had a problem at any petrol station anywhere in this
country in 15 years of caravanning. Just pull into the petrol station
pull up to a pump and fill the car, go and pay and then drive off,
same as driving solo. Definitely no need to unhitch.

Can the artic wagon bays be used for diesel?

Presumably

Any rules / guidelines for UK or even France?

Just go and get your fuel.

Bill Lord

Old February 18th 06, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

wrote:

I can't say I've ever noticed a caravan hitched to the back of a car whilst
refueling. Lack of turning space in most petrol forecourts doesn't help.
If I plan to go really long range and need to fuel up, what is the norm for
a diesel car?
Do they have to be unhitched ?

Can the artic wagon bays be used for diesel?

A word of Caution on commercial diesel bays

The CAN HAVE a VERY fast filling system

DieSea