Identifying my caravan

Old February 19th 06, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nick

Default Identifying my caravan

Hi again,

I've bought my used Avondale Perle caravan, but want to clarify
which model and year it is. It has a sticker on the roof which says
'Custom'. Is this the model? I've seen other similar ones called
Olympic or Olympus, what is the difference between them all?

Mine is a four berth, with hot and cold water, shower/toilet cubicle
and corner kitchen. The front gas bottle compartment cover does not
cover the whole width of the van.

How do I find out what year the caravan was built? There is a serial
number, but no dates I can see.

The van has a double bed at the front with two single bunks along the
inside (I think I will convert the bottom to a fold out double).

*TIP - The van I bought had the bottom bunk cushion missing. I thought this
would be easy to source, but it appears not (not cheaply anyway). I went to
a foam dealer, but was quoted 120 for this one piece! Anyway, after
visiting
a second-hand furniture shop, I bought some foam cot mattresses. These
allowed me to make the foam to size, but only cost me 15. I only need to
find some material now to cover it now..

Thanks again,

Nick

Old February 19th 06, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
mark hesselgreaves

I have Perle Orion classic, it doesnt say classic but if it had been custom
it would have said so.
Mine is 1991 vintage, but i only know this because i have the original
paperwork. i'll have a look at my plate and i'f theres anything on it
bearing anything significant about model or model code, year etc i'll get
back to you.
Avondaleman.

Old February 19th 06, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tom Brown

There should be a plate above the door inside the van with a number like
**AV****** the first two numbers before the AV are the year of manufacture
and the numbers after the AV are that particular vans serial number.

Tom Brown