York!

Old February 19th 06, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
mark hesselgreaves

Default York!

Hi folks, i'm going to Rowntree park in York in June, whats it like,
anything i should know?, anyone been recently?
Thanks in advance, Avondaleman!

Old February 19th 06, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bertrum flack

"mark hesselgreaves" wrote in message
Hi folks, i'm going to Rowntree park in York in June, whats it like,
anything i should know?, anyone been recently?
Thanks in advance, Avondaleman!

Great, its a well kept site, you can gp out a back gate and be at the shops
in a few minutes, also an Indian and Chinease there and a chip shop.
A mobile chip van calls twice a week as well.

Going out the main gate a
very pleasant 10 minute walk along the river gets you to the centre of york

Old February 19th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CampinGazz

"bertrum flack" wrote in message
. uk...

"mark hesselgreaves" wrote in message
Hi folks, i'm going to Rowntree park in York in June, whats it like,
anything i should know?, anyone been recently?
Thanks in advance, Avondaleman!

Great, its a well kept site, you can gp out a back gate and be at the
shops
in a few minutes, also an Indian and Chinease there and a chip shop.
A mobile chip van calls twice a week as well.

Going out the main gate a
very pleasant 10 minute walk along the river gets you to the centre of
york

Just don't go when there's heavy rains forcast, as the site floods the
second the river rises, all the electric points are on high posts and the
buildings on stilts, tho each time we've been there's a new marker plaque on
the stone out the front showing the water level last time the site flooded,
and each time it's about half a foot higher than the last one,

But it is a lovely site, boat taxi to the centre runs in summer, (weve only
been in winter) great place if you have a dog, right on the park when you
turn right out of the site gate, just keep an eye on what they do with their
balls (the trowing type) as my dog likes to drop them down the path side
drains, which are tubes that go straight into the river.

Old February 20th 06, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bertrum flack

"CampinGazz" wrote in message

[...]

Never seen the taxi boat yet and we went there three summers in a row, yes
the site floods but it is a few years since that happened.
One of the best sites we have been to, so much to do and see in York.

Regards John