thetford wc

Old February 19th 06, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
homerh

Default thetford wc

Hi everyone . I am asking this question for my Father who will be using the
caravan next winter( I know a little early to be asking) he is asking if
there is anything that he should be putting into the flush tank to stop it
from freezing.
Will the fact that the heating will be on should this be enough to stop it
from freezing.
any info
TIA.

Old February 19th 06, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:11:59 GMT, "homerh" wrote:

|Hi everyone . I am asking this question for my Father who will be using the
|caravan next winter( I know a little early to be asking) he is asking if
|there is anything that he should be putting into the flush tank to stop it
|from freezing.
|Will the fact that the heating will be on should this be enough to stop it
|from freezing.
|any info

If the heating is on that will be enough the stop things freezing.
I leave my van livable in all winter, but with thermostated heating set to
7.5 deg C, which would be too cold to actually live in. Never had
problems.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are
Old February 19th 06, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 19th 06, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 20th 06, 06:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

I have had the flush water freeze regular so I too would be interested in
this thread.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old February 20th 06, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CampinGazz

"Tinkapace" wrote in message
. uk...

I have had the flush water freeze regular so I too would be interested in
this thread.

my bog is the plumbed in type... i.e. no flush tank, takes it's flush water
from the main tank (it's a motorhome btw) have been out in it in minus 3
degrees C weather last year, just had the heating on to keep us warm and
that kept everything in the van warm, no freeze ups or owt.

The waste tank did freeze slightly, but when i wanted to dump that i just
ran hot water through the sink into the tank, it soon thawed enough to
operate the dump valve.