CLs in Devon and Cornwall - Booking Required for August?

Old February 20th 06, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Shaun Robertson

Default CLs in Devon and Cornwall - Booking Required for August?

Hi all, we're planning to spend 2 -3 weeks in Devon and Cornwall during
August, and would much prefer it if we were not stuck to a rigid
timetable, instead paying by the day, moving on when we please and
staying a few more days when we find a nice site/location. Should I be
concerned about availability though and is pre-booking essential during
peak times?

Any recommendations? We're in the Caravan Club and a quiet CL site
with no kids, nice views, no screaming kids, and a pub nearby would be
an added bonus. Toilet and showers essential. We'll probably stay for
3-4 days near Torquay, then Liskeard and Bodmin, then further West
somewhere around Newquay (but not too close to the busy holiday
resorts).

Grateful for any advice

Cheers
Shaun

Old February 20th 06, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Shaun Robertson" wrote in
oups.com:

Any recommendations? We're in the Caravan Club and a quiet CL site
with no kids, nice views, no screaming kids, and a pub nearby would be
an added bonus. Toilet and showers essential. We'll probably stay for
3-4 days near Torquay, then Liskeard and Bodmin, then further West
somewhere around Newquay (but not too close to the busy holiday
resorts).

A friend has a C&CC certified site on a small farm in Cardinham Woods, near
Bodmin. Electric hookups, toilet but no showers as yet. View is pretty good
and it's close to both the A30 and A38 (but not close enough for traffic
noise be a nuisance).

This is only their second season, so they're not yet well enough known for
booking to be essential. Although they do cater for families, those
families that stay there tend to use the place as a base and aren't around
for most of the day.

http://www.camping-southwest.com/margate/ has some info.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

Old February 23rd 06, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Shaun Robertson

Geoff Lane wrote:
A friend has a C&CC certified site on a small farm in Cardinham Woods, near
Bodmin. Electric hookups, toilet but no showers as yet. View is pretty good
and it's close to both the A30 and A38 (but not close enough for traffic
noise be a nuisance).

This is only their second season, so they're not yet well enough known for
booking to be essential. Although they do cater for families, those
families that stay there tend to use the place as a base and aren't around
for most of the day.

http://www.camping-southwest.com/margate/ has some info.

Thanks Geoff, sounds like a nice site I'll bear it in mind. I'd still
be interested in the group's views on whether pre-booking is essential,
in general, peak season. We don't really want to be restricted by
having to stick to a schedule, but don't want to end up on the local
layby either

Cheers
Shaun