Caravan Club

Old February 21st 06, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Default Caravan Club

We are members of the Caravan Club and have our caravan insured with them,
this year it is not likely we shall use Caravan Club sites as we fancy
trying CL type sites. Is there any benefit in still staying in the
CaravanClub if you do not use their sites or services are there CL sites
which are not Caravan Club, could they be advertised in something like
Cades. Nearing retirement and trying to cut down expenses where possible.
Liz

Old February 21st 06, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:23:27 -0000, "liz hall" "remove the spam"
wrote:

|We are members of the Caravan Club and have our caravan insured with them,
|this year it is not likely we shall use Caravan Club sites as we fancy
|trying CL type sites. Is there any benefit in still staying in the
|CaravanClub if you do not use their sites or services are there CL sites
|which are not Caravan Club, could they be advertised in something like
|Cades. Nearing retirement and trying to cut down expenses where possible.

Camping and Caravanning club
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/
has Certified Sites, but not as many CC CLs. There are however thousands
of small farm sites listed in CCCs "Big Sites Book" which beats the CCs
handbook into a cocked hat. Be careful though it lists sites which do not
take caravans, so read what it says about each site *carefully*. Sites are
inspected about yearly to make sure BSB is correct. CCC also insures
caravans, but I have not compared prices.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are
Old February 21st 06, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 21st 06, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 21st 06, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:56:25 +0000, bill lord wrote:

|CC has over 3000 CL's, CCC have just short of 1000, there are other
|organisations that had a small number. No chance of them being
|advertised anywhere other than the particular clubs handbooks as it is
|a legal requiremt that these sites are only available to bona fide
|members of that particular club. This comes about because of the
|licensing law under which the owners set up their sites. So you need
|to stay in the CC or join the CCC if you want to use these sites.

Legally Yes, but In practice No. CCC CLs always IME ask for membership
nos. CCC CSs rarely.
Old February 21st 06, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old February 21st 06, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning